Simona David is a Communications and Public Relations Consultant living in the Catskill Mountains, New York. Her consulting expertise encompasses years of research and writing, working with New York StateWatch at the State Legislature in Albany, NY, and previously as an Economist in Bucharest, Romania.
Ms. David also has experience as a journalist, freelancing for various publications, including Chronogram and Upstater magazines.
She is the author of Self-Publishing and Book Marketing, A Research Guide (2013), Art in the Catskills (3rd. edition, 2016), and How Art Is Made: In the Catskills (2017).
Ms. David holds a Master of Arts in Communications from State University of New York at Albany, and a Bachelor of Science in Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies in Bucharest, Romania.
Ms. David’s consulting expertise draws on important milestones in her career, working as:
- Economist, administering a government program;
- Writer and researcher in the lobbying industry at the State Legislature in Albany, NY;
- PR consultant and marketing strategist for various non-profits upstate New York, such as Catskill Mountain Foundation, Zadock Pratt Museum, Woodchuck Lodge (John Burroughs Memorial State Historic Site), Margaretville Memorial Hospital Foundation, AMR Open Art Studio Tour, and others;
- Media consultant working with award-winning advertising executives, travel and tourism professionals, artists, writers and entrepreneurs to achieve a variety of publishing and marketing objectives;
- Travel Writer, Jetsetter;
- Publisher, Art in the Catskills;
- Author of Self-Publishing and Book Marketing, A Research Guide (2013), Art in the Catskills (3rd. edition, 2016), and How Art Is Made: In the Catskills (2017);
- Contributor to magazines such as Chronogram, Upstater, Explore the Hudson Valley, Catskill Country Magazine, and Catskill Mountain Guide;
- President (2012 – 2019), Writers in the Mountains (WIM);
- Co-founder, Greater Roxbury Business Association (GRBA).
Art and Literature