Simona David is a Communications and Public Relations Consultant living in the Catskill Mountains, New York. Her consulting expertise encompasses years of research and writing, working with New York StateWatch at the State Legislature in Albany, NY, and previously as an Economist in Bucharest, Romania.
Ms. David also has experience as a journalist, freelancing for various publications, including Chronogram and Upstater magazines.
She is the author of Self-Publishing and Book Marketing, A Research Guide (2013), Art in the Catskills (3rd. edition, 2016), and How Art Is Made: In the Catskills (2017), and is the recipient of a Poets & Writers Readings and Workshops Grant in 2018.
Ms. David holds a Master of Arts in Communications from State
University of New York at Albany, and a Bachelor of Science in Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies in Bucharest, Romania.
Ms. David’s consulting expertise draws on important milestones in her career, working as:
- Economist, administering a government program;
- Writer and researcher in the lobbying industry at the State Legislature in Albany, NY;
- PR consultant and marketing strategist for various non-profits upstate New York, such as Catskill Mountain Foundation, Woodchuck Lodge (John Burroughs Memorial State Historic Site), Margaretville Memorial Hospital Foundation, Writers in the Mountains, and others;
- Co-founder of the Greater Roxbury Business Association (GRBA);
- Publisher of Art in the Catskills;
- Author of Self-Publishing and Book Marketing, A Research Guide (available on Amazon.com and Kindle);
- Contributor to magazines such as Green Door, Catskill Country, Catskill Made, Upstater, and Explore the Hudson Valley;
- Producer and radio host at WIOX Roxbury, NY 91.3 FM / WSKG Community Partner.
Ms. David serves as President, Board of Directors, Writers in the Mountains, online at writersinthemountains.org, and is Co-Founder of the Greater Roxbury Business Association, online at roxburybusinessassociation.com.